Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

The Pope is on facebook



So I had a rather bit of interesting news in my inbox this morning. The Pope is now on facebook. Rather he has his own website, where he provides an application for facebook. This allows them to better "connect" with the "youth" on the web. Honestly when I read this, I couldn't help but keep thinking about Angels and Demons. Because in that movie, it was a heavy debate in the vatican about how they need to modernize more. I'm not religouse in any sense, but I do think it's a great idea. Instead of saying the internet is blasphemous, you should use it as a medium to connect with everyone in the world. The Pope also issued a statement that if they would have used the internet more, they would have known about the issues with the cardinal who spoke bad about the Jews .. or something like that. I forgot the points of it already. But I think that the Pope wants it to be more known and common in peoples lives. Cuz im sure some of you agree, the vatican has some very shaky history, and keeps a lot of secrets from those who believe in them. I could not trust a faceless operation like that.

So anyways if you want, his site is www.pope2you.com they have a link to his youtube, and his facebook application. Hmmm I don't see god in his top friends list. I think they broke up!

No comments: