Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I was wrong



I told a lady to use google docs, as a way to password protect individual documents that she is linking on her blog. Turns out that wasn't entirely true. You actually have to invite the people who are going to be viewing the document. These people log in with the email you invited them on, and can either view or modify the document depending on what you specify. This is a big pain in the @$$. For something like google docs, having an extra tier of security couldn't hurt, and could help protect some of those really sensitive documents someone may have up on there. Now I'm not saying people should keep really sensitive documents on their, but I'm sure a lot do. Hopefully around the time of the advent of the G Drive, we'll also get password protection for individual documents. Or maybe I'm just pushing my luck.

No comments: