Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

New Smoking Laws



The tobacco companies have finally lost a little ground recently! Obama has signed a bill that will increase the FDA's power over cigarettes, as well as make public all ingredients put into them. Now you can prove me wrong, but I think all ingredients are public, but maybe they are going to put them on the box or something *shrug*

Part of this bill also bans any candy flavored cig. and also any flavored cig. that may attract new and young smokers. A scary fact, in defense of this, states that 90% of smokers start before the age of 18. Obama also admits to doing the same thing, and how he is currently fighting his own habit. His wife said he had to quit if he was shooting for presidency.

I think this is a step in the right direction, tobacco companies have always been the hardest to get a hold on because they lobby together very well. One thing this bill lacks, is the ban on menthol flavored cigs. but i guess the tobacco companies would really have a problem with that.

Personally, I think they should up the price for a pack to 60 bucks. ^_^ See I don't smoke, but all of those smoking around me doing the damage to my lungs, you can pay a little extra tax for my med bills .. lol

oh and how do you like my pic of the crab double fisting the cigs XD

No comments: