Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

100 Quotes Every Geek Should Know

These were some of my favorites!
1.  “I don’t believe there’s a power in the ‘verse that can stop Kaylee from being cheerful. Sometimes you just wanna duct-tape her mouth and dump her in the hold for a month.” – Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly (episode: “Serenity” (pilot))

2.  “I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.” – Wash, Serenity

3.  “We’re going to need a bigger boat.” – Chief Brody, Jaws

4.  “Oooh, ahhh, that’s how it always starts. Then later there’s running and screaming.” – Ian Malcolm, The Lost World: Jurassic Park

5.  “Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!” – Taylor, Planet of the Apes

6.  “Danger Will Robinson! Danger!” – Robbie the Robot, Lost in Space

7.  “And I said, I don’t care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I’m, I’m quitting, I’m going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they’ve moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn’t bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it’s not okay because if they take my stapler then I’ll set the building on fire…” – Milton Waddams, Office Space

8.  “Now I have a machine gun. Ho ho ho.” – John McClane (in writing), Die Hard

9.  “Shall we play a game?” – Joshua, WarGames

10.  “Ya Ta!” – Hiro Nakamura, Heroes

11.  “Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

12.  “Well, let’s say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the New York area. Based on this morning’s reading, it would be a Twinkie thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds.” – Egon, Ghostbusters

13.  “Never argue with the data.” – Sheen, Jimmy Neutron

More of these can be found on the original article on wired.com athttp://www.wired.com/geekdad/2011/01/100-quotations-every-geek-should-know-geekdad-wayback-machine/

No comments: