Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Blogger Announces New Changes!

For those not in the know, SXSW (South by Southwest) was last.  One of the keynote speeches was by google on upcoming changes to Blogger, Google's blogging platform.  I have to admit that I'm excited to see Goole finally revamping Blogger and catching it up to the modern internet.  This makes a lot of sense with Wordpress still being very popular and the rise of new blogging platforms like Tumblr.  Twitter and Facebook statuses are also taking a chunk out of the blogging business.

 

Blogger was the first platform I had ever started blogging on and despite some lack of features, it was always the one blog that gave me the most control.  Being my first blog I would find myself changing the style every month.  Hell I blogged on Blogger for a long time, since '06.  The blog isn't being used, but it does still exist, just marked as private.  If Blogger gains features like pages, while allowing the same amount of control as before, I'd definitely consider moving back.

 

Below is the video presented by Google on Bloggers changes.  There wasn't to many features announced in the video, we'll just have to wait and see!

 
[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPhFc6GqVdU&w=640&h=390]

No comments: